Friday, March 17, 2006

Stuff

Wow...even I'm excited by Mark's last post! I'm eager to read his page breakdowns and explanations to his words for Chapter 1. No, seriously. It makes reading the book an even deeper experience. But I wonder to myself, "Will anyone other than ourselves (Mark and I) be interested in these deeper things? Will anyone even take the time to read this stuff?" I mean, in the grander scheme of "reality" how important is this little comic book called Eternal Day? Who will connect with it? Who will give a crap? More importantly, who the hell has time to get that into it?

Competition in the modern comic book industry is rough and even though there's a big contingency of "indie's" and "underground" publishers, books and creators, it's still hard having your voice heard in this industry and medium. Are we delusional to think people will actually be interested in this story we're creating? Are we really just naive and actually just doing this because it's fun and perhaps a hobby? Yeah...I would say the latter. I don't think we're going to become rich and famous, but then...is that really our goal? It'd be nice, but no, I think we're doing this because it's fun; doing it for creative expression; doing it to collaborate and jive.

As Mark said in the previous post, we're very close to having the entire story of Eternal Day fleshed out and ready to roll.

Oh yeah, I was able to send out the remaining packages/books. I even sent one to Heath from thecomicfanatic.com for him to review on their website. The only remaining thing lingering over my head before I can focus on Eternal Day is that Underworld commission (yes, still!). Why do I have no time to draw? (insert violin music)

Stay tuned, ya bastards. Eternal Day shall be completed. So mote it be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home