Tuesday, March 14, 2006

PR and Promotion

I've been gathering some comic book website addresses and contacting people on them to try and get Eternal Day reviewed online. Looks like we've got a good contact with thecomicfanatic.com and some other resources are opening up. It made me realize that I need to print more books to send to these possible reviewers.

All of this has also made me realize that the PR and promoting aspects of creating a comic book are also very time consumming! I guess that's the advantage of having your book printed and marketed by an established publisher. Then you don't have to worry about all of the leg work of getting the book into the public eye.

We really need to make a bigger push in terms of creating a buzz for the book; posting on message boards, contacting comic shops, getting reviews online and in publications, etc. Of course maybe it's good that things are still rather low-key. After all, we don't even have another issue ready to print!

Speaking of which, the story of Eternal Day is seeming to take a final, definite shape. We'll post up a synopsis on the website once it's done.

I haven't been able to work on the Underworld commission! Argh! And I still have books to send out to some peeps from the Rebel Studios forum. I haven't forgotten about you guys! Please be patient with me.

So yeah, hopefully soon you'll be seeing Eternal Day reviewed on some websites. (You'll be able to read what horrendously pretentious garbage it is!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home