Saturday, March 11, 2006

Working and Thinking and Thinking and Working

Started the "Underworld" commission piece yesterday. It's frustrating me. I've got a particular perspective in mind, but I need references. I think I'll have my wife pose for me.

I've got ideas for the yet-to-be-seen Eternal Day character known as "Veyda". But I guess it doesn't make much sense to talk about it here, because then we'll be giving secrets away! I need to talk to Mark so we can iron out the various ideas we've got floating around our minds. You see, the problem is that we have to make the whole story work before I can lay it down on paper. We've got four main characters: Maddock, Amara, Corbin and Veyda and we have to create some kind of plot in which they all inter-connect and relate to give birth to what you see in the preview book. If you've read the preview book, then you know it's not going to be an easy task!

So a lot of the work right now is brainstorming and mental gymnastics. It's like we've got all these vague concepts or threads of ideas, but we need to make things more concrete, more realized/actualized. And that my friend's is the hardest part of creating a compelling, coherent and engrossing comic book story. We're very close to tying things up, though. Very close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home