Tuesday, March 07, 2006

First commission done

How is it that I have no time to draw, but I somehow have time to write in a Blog? Oh that's right...writing here takes about 15 minutes. Drawing can become hours upon hours of full absorption.

Anyway, I finished that Sinbuck commission piece. Check it out:

Wow...that's pretty crappy resolution here on the Blog. Here's a slightly better version:

http://www.jayadeva.com/sinbuck_commission_small.jpg

So yeah, that's done. Now I have one more commission and a sketch to do before I can focus on the new Eternal Day pages.

Mark just sent me over some stuff to put on the website, like character bio's, story synopsis, etc. But the thing is the story keeps evolving, so in two days none of it may be relevent!

I want to write more, but I really need to eat something before class. Yeah...class. I'm taking some evening classes, working towards a Bachelor's in Art to perhaps one day become an Art Teacher. It'll take me 8 years to complete it, but what else am I going to do? So with three classes and work and everything else, getting time to fully absorb in illustrating a comic book is rough. (Excuses, excuses, I know!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAI,
I like how the Sinbuck picture looks like the original concept sketch you had for the Eternal Day cover. :)
merv

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home