Monday, April 24, 2006

Yeah, we're still alive...

Been awhile since the last post here. Mark's been busy with school and work and day-to-day hassles...hey, sounds like my life! Anyway, it's late and I should be sleeping, but I felt compelled to write something.

Everyone has been telling me that MySpace is the way to go for publicity and exposure for Eternal Day. So I finally caved into the pressure and set a page up:

http://myspace.com/theeternalday

Although, if you're reading this Blog, you've no doubt already seen us at MySpace. Actually I think we're getting more views over there than on this thing. My goal with MySpace is to keep building a "friends" list so that by the time we hit New York Comic Con next year we'll have a couple thousand "friends" and a little buzz behind what we're doing. I don't expect to become rich or famous from Eternal Day, but it's nice when at least some people show interest in what you're creating. I still can't believe that from the 50 or 60 books that went out at the Comic Con this past February that we haven't heard from ONE frigg'in person! Kind of dis-heartening. But oh well...the wheels keep turning.

So yeah, besides the MySpace thing growing and flowing we actually have been working on Chapter 2 of Eternal Day (shocking, I know!). I have almost all of the pages laid out (it's going to be 32 pages of story) and Mark is writing the last 10 pages, plus the narrative that's going to flow throughout the story. It's going to be sweet and delicious.

It's funny...on the Eternal Day website, when you click on the "characters" and "story" links it just says "in progress" or something like that. Why is that funny? Because it means no one has a frigg'in clue what's going on in this book, nor what the hell it's all about! I don't know...that seems funny to me, like in a ridiculous way. It's like we keep saying, "Trust us! It's an awesome story! We just...uh, can't tell you what it's about!" We're marketing geniuses...or just complete idiots.

I sent out a book today to some guy at The4thRail.com (Don MacPherson, I think is his name). Why is that significant? I don't know. Hopefully he reviews it online or at least gives us an e-mail review.

Okay, I really should go to bed now. I just wanted to give a little update to all of you who can't sleep at night wondering about the next chapter of Eternal Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home