Saturday, October 28, 2006

Oh How the Fates Define Us

Okay...so we're NOT going to be at the New York Comic Con next year. I decided it's just too soon. We don't even have a complete series finished. And I don't want to rush Chap. 2. So we're going to slow things down a bit. I want to have fun creating this book, not feeling like it's another job. Not having the Dec. deadline looming over us also means we can take our time with the book and do more collaborations. For instance, we may actually be getting someone to letter the book for us now, which would be a tremendous help and relief for me. We sent them a sample page to letter, so we'll see how that goes.

And speaking of Chap. 2, we've decided to try and go back to the more surreal, spontaneous, automatism style of the first book. I'm going to finish off the last 6 of 7 pages in a spontaneous style (no following a script) and Mark will then add his words after. The reason for this is that the pages were just feeling too stiff and forced. They were looking and feeling rather generic comic book style, which is definitely not where I wanted to go with it. I want to keep the book open and experimental. We'll still use the basic plot outline that we've established, but everything will be much more loose and open for interpretation. We won't be so literal or explaining all of the details of the story, like where did that bag come from, why is there a shell on her head, etc. etc. We want to create a surreal enigma.

Anyway, just wanted to blurt this stuff out there to anyone who may actually be reading this blog...which is probably just myself! I also just noticed that a lot of the images that were once posted on here are now gone. This is because I destroyed my website where they were being hosted. So yeah, there's a lot of missing images now.

Oh yeah, and here's the cover for Chap. 2, by Vigil and Fotos:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home